Saturday, April 13, 2019

Got my trailer legs

This is one of those things that surprised me. It makes sense, but I didn't know to expect it.

You know how when you're on a boat, you have trouble walking at first but eventually get your "sea legs?" Then when you get off the boat, the ground seems to heave like waves under your feet and it takes a while to get your "land legs" again?

That is what has happened to me! No matter how well braced and leveled the trailer is, it still moves with every move we make. If I'm in the living room and Lee rolls over in bed, it feels like a moderate earthquake. If our little dog jumps down from a chair, I can feel the floor shake from the other room.

As I move about the trailer myself,  I don't necessarily feel the floor shaking with every step. But let me tell you, if I've been inside for a number of hours and then go outside, I feel it! It's the funniest sensation, very much like walking on land after being on a boat. My legs will feel a little wobbly, and it "for real" feels like the ground is shifting and shaking under my feet! If I didn't know better, I would think there was a small earth tremor happening.

After a little bit, I get my "land legs" again and the funny feeling goes away. It's not a big thing, just something I hadn't known about until I experienced it.

If you've spent any length of time in a camper or RV, have you felt the same thing? Have you gotten "jelly legs" when you walked outside?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got my trailer legs

This is one of those things that surprised me. It makes sense, but I didn't know to expect it. You know how when you're on a boat,...